Acupuncture is a system of complementary medicine in which fine needles are inserted in the skin at specific points along with the lines of energy. Research suggested that it can help to relieve pain and a wide range of other complaints.
An experienced acupuncturist in Mitcham adopts a holistic approach to help transform your health and vitality. The focus is on the individual rather than the illness and the aim is to improve the person’s overall well-being. If there is pain, the acupuncturist concludes that it is a sign that body is out of balance. So he uses needles into acupuncture points, to restore the flow of qi, which is known as vital energy of the body; as a result of this, it triggers the body’s natural healing process.
Responsibilities – Acupuncturist in Mitcham
An acupuncturist in Mitcham carries out initial consultation with each patient by asking questions in order to establish a detailed case history, assess their health and determine a treatment plan.
- He conducts subsequent one-to-one treatment sessions with patients. The one-hour session includes a full assessment, diagnosis and treatment plan for your health.
- After diagnosis, an acupuncturist treats by inserting fine needles into the skin of his patient at particular locations to stimulate the energy flow along meridians (energy channels)
- He can also include other treatments such as moxibustion (burning herbs to warm insertion points), electro-acupuncture (stimulating insertion points with small electric currents), and acupressure (to loosen and relax muscles)
- Acupuncturist maintains your progress record and as your health improves; your acupuncturist may indicate that you can benefit from other modalities such as:
- Chinese herbal medicine
- Dietary control
- Massage and physical therapy
An acupuncturist is a skilled diagnostician as well as a treatment provider. So by talking and observing you, the Acupuncturist in Mitcham can diagnose where the imbalance is, in your body that is causing you pain, illness, feeling low and other related conditions.